Wednesday, January 28, 2015

6.1 Fiji, and 4.3 Poland Earthquakes, and Let's Watch For 8 Richters Through February Full Moon Window This Weekend!!! UPDATE: 5.7 Richters Struck Offshore Eureka, California Today!!!

UPDATE: In my travels today among other stuff that happened, my phone chimed with a HUGE Northern California Earthquake of 5.7 Richters just Offshore from Eureka, update coming soon! Here is the felt report: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2015/01/57-richters-earthquake-strikes-offshore.html NOW Todays EQ Blog:

I tried and I tried, but was not able to make heads nor tales out of the new maps that the USGS has posted to illustrate the exact location of the latest earthquakes. So, instead I decided I would just tell you that the Poland Earthquake was several miles east of Berlin, Germany. How many miles exactly, I actually have no idea and not being too familiar with that region I could not even guess. It might have been twenty or thirty miles east. . . it could have been a hundred miles east, or it might even have been more than a hundred miles to the east such as possibly even two or three hundred miles east. Not sure. Similarly I can not guess how far to the west of the island of Nuie that Fiji Earthquake struck, either? Kind of looked like a little bit of ocean in between the epicenter and a few of those nearby islands, but I suppose if I was to guess by extrapolating the size of those islands that are situated nearby on the map, it could possibly have been one or several hundred miles from the island of Nuie, or Fiji. . . whichever, but I suppose it could also have been as close as maybe 75 miles. I might just have to start getting used to not having a "Scale of Miles" on the new USGS Map system, or I was thinking if there was a way I could search for Google Maps, the system they used to have, and then locate roughly the epicenter on my own, then I might get a better idea of those distances. Until then I am not always going to be able to tell you how many miles things are away due to the new USGS map system not having a scale of miles.

Now let's talk about how the experts predicted that big "Super Storm" shall we? Just heard this one at the last moments before I was leaving work late on Tuesday night. Sounds like the "Experts" missed fairly bad on that latest prediction for a supposedly HUGE Winter Storm that was supposed to strike a lot of the East Coast places. . . and instead it seems to have struck more of the northerly cities and apparently left out some of the biggies such as it looks like Washington, DC might have been one of them. Might have just guessed that would also explain the big scandal, too! That city would not be operating normally if there was not a scandal, know what I'm saying! Now they can't agree on the WEATHER!!! The best I can do is repeat one of my all time not best EQ Alerts. . . and that was the landfalll of Hurricane Irene at Puerto Rico back on August 22, 2011 and here's that days EQ Blog: http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-earthquake-energy-stay-tuned.html?showComment=1422426994535 I added that note to the comments section and will repeat that this alert ended up preceding that now historical and BIGGG Virginia Earthquake that shook Washington, DC, the Washington Monument, and etc.

A dozen earthquakes have struck the Oklahoma Region in the previous 24 hours prior to this EQ Blog, although I did not go back through the entire day and day before to see if there was any particular 24 hours in there that would have led to a higher overall number because it's possible there could have been. While the final day of a normal EQ Alert will be today on the big 8 Richters alert we've been following, there was long ago ONE. . . that I discovered at Day 60 and since there is so much earthquake stuff going on currently I don't think anybody will even notice if we watch all the way through the upcoming early February Full Moon Window!!! EQ Guy


WATCH This Weeks EQ V-Log with some snow sculpting on Youtube @ http://youtu.be/QE8wjZQkPCk

Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: