Monday, January 26, 2015

4.7 Richters Strikes 6 Miles Southeast of Xacmaz, Azerbaijan!!! Santa Ana Winds Could Become a Factor in Upcoming Earthquakes, Too!

I have long known that there has been a relationship between those 89 mph gusts of this weekends Santa Ana Winds and a lot of the earthquakes that they get in California. Probably one of my all time best correlations along those lines was the time I was out at the Santa Monica Pier one sunny Saturday when all of the sudden this huge gust of wind sweeps across the Pacific Ocean and hits me directly in the face to the point that it was noticeably high winds! Wasn't all, though! Next the ground shook hard in sympathy and taking it all in caused me to look around to see if I could figure out what it was all about. Well, there was that huge mountain just off in the distance and so I reasoned the wind had not only been blowing in my face, but was probably a tiny part of an enormous air mass clearly moving onto land from offshore there along the Pacific Coast. This all must have caused that "Spot Quake" to shake a moment after the gust of wind went through.

Historically speaking, this would have been the day that I ran home to my apartment in Hollywood and picked up the Daily News where they carry both the days small earthquakes, AND the biggest gusts of wind, and guess what? I was amazingly able to match up the list of biggest wind gusts along side the list of the days small earthquakes as probably many of you have seen both of these lists published daily out there, and they were a perfect match!!! With the exception for the fact that the earthquakes list had the exact minute posted and the winds were rounded off to the nearest five minutes, but obviously even still exact! Ever since that day I have well known The Santa Ana Winds do tip over semi's, blow down billboards and trees. . . and cause lots of 2 and 3 Magnitude Earthquakes around the Southern California Area.

That explains how I was mesmerized early Sunday Morning when earthquake after earthquake was coming in from that California area and I sort of waited to see what was going to happen next. I have now started an "Event Page" on my Hurricane Cards for this weekends "Santa Ana Winds" and you might hear more about it in coming EQ Blogs due to it possibly becoming a precursor to more earthquakes in the future! Here is that list of lots of earthquakes that all struck within ONE HOUR!!! Then we will move on:

3.2 19km NNE of Pine Valley, California 2015-01-25 12:10:17
1.2 20km NNE of Pine Valley, California 2015-01-25 12:06:09
2.2 19km SSE of Ridgemark, California 2015-01-25 12:05:19
2.0 4km S of Calimesa, California 2015-01-25 11:37:21
1.2 9km SSW of Holtville, California 2015-01-25 11:22:57
2.0 13km ESE of Fallbrook, California 2015-01-25 11:21:06

With regards to the banner headline about Azerbaijan, I took a look at the geographical location of the region and found a number of things about it. Probably my biggest discovery might have been the fact that the epicenter of this particular earthquake that headlines todays EQ Blog was near the tomb. . . of NOAH!!!!! Check out this amazing story and see for yourself@ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhchivan_%28city%29#Legends_and_Traditions NOW it does sort of lead on that there might be more than one location claiming to be the actual tomb of Noah, and there is supposed to also be a mound there that I suppose might have had something to do with where he built the ark, or something like that, but having just come across this right at press time for todays EQ Blog, I can't be sure how authentic the whole story is right at the moment. I suppose only to say if it says it in Wikipedia, is it necessarily based entirely on truth?

So, we will now be down to the final days on any EQ Alerts that remain in effect and Santa Ana Winds probably will not add too much to that, so as we approach the now higher day numbers still continue to watch and remember that I was the only one watching all by myself for a Major Earthquake in the days long before I had more than 3 or 6 readers per blog. Watch I did, though, and ironically some of the biggest earthquakes in the world struck in the higher day numbers with the 7.1 Richters Los Angeles/Hector Mines day number. . . still to come!!! EQ Guy


Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: