Saturday, March 22, 2014

Well, If a 5.2 WOULD Have Struck Mojave. . . It Might Have Been a Big Earthquake!!!? Keep Watching Anywayz!!!

At first it was hard to believe that big of an earthquake had just struck up in that area where I have a lot of friends! Of course I know a 5.2 just west of Mojave, California is probably not going to be that big of a disaster, but I can't help thinking about all the people I know up in that area and wondering how everybody is doing! Checking the map to see the exact epicenter, and I see Rosamond is even right there in the middle of all of it! I know one guy who went to Rosamond High School, too! He watched as the Space Shuttle did their practice flights over his school on the back of that 747 back in the renaissance of space travel!!! Of course Edwards is right there, where they also landed the Space Shuttle when Florida was unavailable.

Then with all of those things happening and in the process of figuring out who all my friends up in that area are the USGS suddenly deleted the event! On the one hand it was probably better knowing none of those friends were ever in that earthquake, but at the same time I had just quickly written all out a special EQ Blog page with all of the details along those lines and already posted it to my EQ Twitter Page!!! What to do?

Immediately I read my incoming @ messages to see who all was contacting me at about the same time I would normally be reading all the felt reports on Twitter and found messages telling me the whole event had been deleted! So, I decided perhaps the best way to explain it to all my readers might just be to re-tweet some of those messages and so I re-tweeted all of the ones that just tweeted me to tell me! Along with a couple from some of the local Los Angeles news media reporting that it was deleted, and then later that the whole thing was supposedly just a mistake as a result of a similar or the actual one perhaps, that struck in the Gulf of California, Mexico!

So, if it had been a 5.2 right at that exact spot I checked to see whom all might have felt it and came up with the fact that there probably would have been plenty of felt reports from Los Angeles, as well as San Francisco, Las Vegas, and possibly Reno and Oregon, too! Hopefully a 5.2 would not have been big enough at that region of the desert to cause any injuries or damage, though and that was the end of that! I went on to watch a taped show of the new Christian Slater TV Series "Mind Games"

Also a 6.5 Struck at Banda Aceh with many after shocks and I don't want to sound condescending here, but in my research I did find a correlation with the "Great White Fleet" of like 15 or 20 ships circling the globe between Dec. 1907 and Feb. 1909 just so happened to be in the region of the Messina, Italy Earthquake of December 28, 1908 in which 123.000 people were killed and a tsunami was involved. To this day the Messina Earthquake ranks high as one of the biggest of all time. As I watch all the ships circle the nearby region Offshore Australia, I can't help but to recall that there does just so happen to be an extremely shaky Tectonic Plate Boundary almost directly underneath where all the searching is going on! Perhaps equally as big and possibly dangerous as our own San Andreas Fault. . . this is the Tectonic Plate Boundary between the Indian Ocean and Australian Tectonic Plates that pretty much normally are considered ONE Tectonic Plate, although that is about the exact point where there is a big shaky fault line in between them! Right there offshore of Australia. . . and so do expect more such shaking while all the business is going on down-under and hopefully it will just be a normal amount of ordinary earthquakes and hopefully nothing too noteworthy. Here is a picture of that "Great White Fleet" from Wikipedia:
AND there was also a 4.5 that struck almost right at Haiti, too! 83 Miles West of Port-au-Prince and a 4.0 Struck 29 Miles NNE of Oklahoma City with a lot of aftershocks! Pine Valley, California just north of Tecate has been getting a swarm, too, so we will surely be watching for more earthquakes, yet!!! There is a lot more where all of this came from so be prepared!!! Thank-You for Reading!!! EQ Guy


Good time to mention that I'm getting a lot of views on my new book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" CHECK It Out @ http://eqalert2.blogspot.com/

No comments: