Tuesday, March 18, 2014

4.7 Shakes All of Los Angeles Under Full Moon!!! We Should Watch For More!!!

First I want everybody to check out my latest EQ V-Log and Thank-You for now over 400 Views on last weeks V-Log, too!!!


Next, for folks who did not hear this, there was an early morning 4.7 Richters Earthquake that was originally reported as Westwood, California and upon first seeing it very early on Monday Morning, I was not able to immediately discern the location due to there being another Westwood location that seems to come up on the USGS Latest Earthquakes as well, and never knowing for sure if it means Los Angeles, or the the one up around Susanville? On Monday I sort of just moseyed on over to the computer just knowing it was a 4.7 and assuming it would be somewhere up in the mountains and more or less otherwise unnoticed. . . but still knowing there is always that chance Westwood will mean the tiny enclave situated right there at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Westwood Boulevard where I've gone to see a movie or two in the past and actually where the store is that I bought the tri-pod that I am still currently using @ http://www.belaircamera.com/ Not to mention a lot of other stuff a guy does in that part of town! The earthquake epicenter ended up being just adjacent to that infamous spot where they have been doing all the closures on The 405 Freeway just a half-block to the east and right exactly at the overpass that was one of the things being reconstructed. Actually one of the main routes I take to get back to my house in Hollywood whenever I'm up in the San Fernando Valley getting those great deals on fresh watermelon or fish from the market in Panoramic City!!! Also the occasional trip out to the Target Store in Tarzana, Mall at Topanga, or the movie theater and California Pizza at Van Nuys as well as movies there, too! ALL of whom were shaking today as you can check out right here at Earthquake Central: Felt report from Mondays 4.7 at Sepulveda Pass: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2014/03/47-strikes-west-side-of-los-angeles.html

As promised I checked all of the current EQ Alerts on my current "Hurricane-Typhoon-Cyclone, Etc." pages and came up with the fact that we have been basically just watching for the results of that one huge winter storm where all the cars got caught stuck on the freeway system in Atlanta on February 12. Skipping ahead to February 19-20, I can now see that my sheet says "2 More Blizzards" and so I filled in the dates where I had blanks at Days 7, 10, 21, 31, and 40, and found out that they now read through March 22, and March 31, 2014!!! And the King City Vortex is filled in the following space with a date of March 1, 2014 and none of those future dates calculated yet, either! But it doesn't take too much calculating to figure out if it made landfall on March 1, then the alert will run until around the middle of April and that is also how I miss some of those by a day or an hour! That is by simply adding 20 or 30 days to the date of landfall or whatever and calling that good, or in the case of the King City Vortex, just saying the end of March. . . when actually it runs several days beyond that and eventually I miss important ones as you might know.

So, continue to be watching and you can now believe that some of the Full Moon Alerts are very serious! As I say in the above V-Log, we should also watch the Caribbean for additional movement of the North American Tectonic Plate and please check out that Vid if you haven't already as I demonstrate that actual movement. The calculation that goes along with it is: [[VN=(R180-R0)/2 + D(F180-F0/H) VF=(R180-R0)/2 + E(F180-F0/H)]] N stands for near, F stands for far in case anybody followed me all the way out to the final amount of movement at the Caribbean. . . of course someday in the future we will need to know the exact amount of movement and direction at Eureka, and Sepulveda in order to do this calculation effectively, but I promise it will work accurately someday! And for places like New Zealand and possibly Japan, too! Thank-You Again for Reading!!! EQ Guy

1 comment:

The EQ Alert Guy said...

Of course if anybody was really paying close attention, you might have noticed I left out half of that calculation! So, here it the other half of it with the same abbreviations: HN=(R270-R90)/2 + D(F270-F90/H)HF=(R270-R90)/2 + E(F270-F90/H) For a total of 180+270 if anybody is that good on a calculator! Thank-You!!! EQ Guy